Walport Maritime Training Films: The affordable way to promote fleet safety!
- One-off purchase allows you to manage your budget – no contracts, no recurring rental costs
- Contributes towards loss prevention
- The ideal supplement to existing training methods - fleet discounts available
- Increase crew awareness of key safety & environmental issues
The latest training DVD from walport looks at the subject of Risk Assessment, and in particular how it should be applied when undertaking any Hot Work onboard. ‘Assessing Risk: Hot Work’ is designed to make crew appreciate not just how to carry out a Risk Assessment, but more importantly why they should do it.
Using a 3D animation we follow a real life accident to show how even an apparently simple hot work task can end in tragedy if the risks involved aren’t considered beforehand.
One of the key learning points from the film is that a Risk Assessment is your ‘Thinking Time’ – it gives you the time to consider the hazards and risks involved before you start work.
The film looks at how to correctly carry out a Risk Assessment and explains why each step is important. This includes a discussion of the key terms used, as there is frequently a misunderstanding of the terminology.
- Risk Assessment is your ‘Thinking Time’
- Stop and take a look at the job, before you start!
- Understand the three steps of a successful Risk Assessment: Identify the Hazards, Estimate the Risk of these hazards, Eliminate or Control the Risk
- Understand the terms ‘Hazard’ and ‘Risk’, so you have a better understanding of what it is you’re assessing
- Change Management – if the job changes, stop and re-assess the situation.
For more information and to order your copy online please click here.
The DVD includes the following language subtitles - Chinese, English, French, Greek, Hindi, (Brazilian) Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog as well as 12 free safety posters and a training guide to assist the Safety Officer in making a presentation using the film. Preview copies are available on request for fleet managers.
Like all our training films, fleet discounts are available for multiple-copy orders – please contact Nick Brown directly for a quote. Call our Tilbury office on +44 (0)1375 489 792 or email email@example.com.
Opinions expressed on this site are those of the individual contributor, and are not necessarily those of Headland Media or Walport International. Accident reports are gathered from multiple sources, and their accuracy is not warranted by the publishers of this blog.